Here are some injury updates from word that we’ve received this morning:
- Pedro Feliciano has been shut down from doing bullpen work. The Yankees say that there is a big chance that he will not pitch this year and are looking into surgery as an option
- The abdominal discomfort that Eric Chavez experienced was nothing more than a kidney stone. Yankees doctors said that it had passed and Chavez should be fine.
- Rafael Soriano will throw live batting practice today to work on his elbow. Soriano injured his elbow in April and was put on the 60 day DL after Jeter was placed on the 15 day DL last month.
- Mariano Rivera says he feels much better today and is hoping that he can pitch for the Yankees. Rivera was shut down for three days are complaining of soreness in the elbow.
- It was reported that Damaso Marte had been doing bullpen sessions with the Yankees and is feeling good. He is currently aiming for a comeback in late August if there are no more setbacks.