Informing You of Our Site’s Features
Good afternoon. Everybody (especially those newer to the site) is encouraged to read through this, as it should help with getting around on our site.
In our header, we have all our pages, in addition to the site’s RSS Feed, Facebook page link, and Twitter link.
We currently have 11 pages on our site:
1. Home: This is where you’ll find the blog!
2. 2012 Free Agents: Here you can find all the free agents to be signed for the 2012 season.
3. 2013 Free Agents: Here you can find all the free agents to be signed for the 2013 season.
4. 40 Man Roster: On this page, you will find the Yankees 40 Man Roster.
5. Depth Chart: This is another page devoted to the roster, but in chart form.
6. Contracts/Salaries: Here you can find the contracts of the Yankee players, including their percent of the team salary.
7. 2012 Schedule: This has a list of the regular season games the Yankees will play next season.
8. Our Staff: This lists all our authors and their bios.
9. Contact Us: Here you’ll learn how to get in touch with us. Please share any questions, concerns, feedback, constructive criticism, etc.
10. Commenting Guidelines: Here you will find guidelines/rules/procedures for commenting on Yankees Fans Unite. Anyone who comments on our blog is expected to have at least skimmed these guidelines.
11. Non-Baseball Related Thread: On this page, you can have any kind of non-baseball related chit-chat. Please save the blog articles and threads for talking about baseball. We would appreciate it if any other commenting would be put on the Non-Baseball Related Thread.
1. Recent Comments, Categories, Archives, Popular Posts: This is a multipurpose tool that displays exactly those four things. It automatically will open to the recent comments, so you can keep track of conversations you are having with others. However if you: click the clock, you will find our archives sorted by time; click the folder, you will also find our archives, but sorted by categories; click the star, you will find our most popular posts and threads, determined by number of comments. This is a conveniently useful tool – so be sure to use it.
2. Email Subscription: This is where you can sign up for a subscription to our site. Every time we post something, you will be sent an email about it.
3. Recent Posts: The title says it all. You can find the seven most recent posts under this heading.
4. Top Recent Commenters: This is a tally of our top, recent commenters. It takes the top commenter in the past x days, so if you don’t comment for a while, your number of comments will actually lower.
5. Links: You’ll find we have five categories of links on that sidebar.  is the Beat Writers (such as Mark Feinsand and Joel Sherman),  contains links for twitter accounts you should follow (such as Ken Rosenthal and Jon Heyman),  is a list of good baseball resources you should use (such as Fangraphs and MLBTradeRumors),  links you to all the minor-league affiliates’ sites, and  is our blogroll for other Yankee blogs (such as River Ave. Blues or The Yankee Analysts).
6. Facebook Portal: The next item is our Facebook plug-in. There you can easily be sent to our Facebook page (which is YankeesFansUnite). It also shows the profile pictures of people that have “liked” our page.
7. Milestones & Records: These next three sections are called: “Moving Up the Hit List” (Derek Jeter), “Chase for All Time HR Record” (Alex Rodriguez), and lastly “All Time Saves Leader” (Mariano Rivera). These are all updated daily, so check ‘em out.
8. Poll: The latest poll. You can see the results on the page itself.
9. Authors: Here you can see all six authors and their latest posts.
10. RSS Feeds: These are live-streamed feeds of articles from both the Official New York Yankees site and NYY MLB Trade Rumors.
12. Tags: This displays all the “tags” our site has used. You can click on somebody’s name such as Jorge Posada, and be taken to all articles that involve him.
13. Twitter Feed: This is the YankeeFansUnite live streaming Twitter feed.
14. Advertising & Contributing: This is for any reading this site that wish to have an advertisement on our site, but also for any who wish to “audition” to write for our site. Simply send us an email.